Organic Homemade Bread Rolls
Makes 8 bread rolls
These bread rolls are best eaten the day they are made. They aren’t as fresh the next day.
2 teaspoons yeast
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ cup lukewarm water
2 cups organic four (or use unbleached whole wheat flour)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Put the yeast, maple syrup, and water into a cup. Stir, cover, and keep in a warm spot for 10 minutes.
2. Sift the flour into a glass bowl that is at warm room temperature, and sprinkle with salt. Mix until blended.
3. Make a well in the middle of the flour, and pour the yeast mixture into the well and begin combining. Form into soft dough.
4. Turn your dough onto a floured board and knead well, for at least 5 minutes. Form into one ball.
5. Use extra-virgin olive oil to grease a bowl. Then place the dough (un-creased or smooth side up) into the bowl and rub oil over the dough.
6. Cover the bowl with a cotton cloth and keep in a warm spot. Leave until the dough has doubled in size. 30 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Turn dough ball onto a floured board and knead again for 5 minutes until a tough consistency is achieved. Divide the dough into six equal parts and knead each part into a ball.
8. Place the dough balls close together on a baking sheet. Place uncovered in a warm place and allow to rise again by ¼ inch. This will take 10–20 minutes. Preheat oven to 465°F while waiting for dough to rise again.
9. Bake at 465°F for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 180°F and bake for another 5–10 minutes, until the rolls have risen and are slightly golden brown.
+ Organic and homemade
+ No preservatives or chemicals
+ Calories: 224 Total Fat: 4g Carbohydrate: 44g Dietary Fiber: 4g Protein: 5g
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Roxxe NYC Photography
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved