Quinoa with Avocado, Cucumber and Strawberries
2 1/2 cups water
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 tablespoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon extra-virgin coconut oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
1 teaspoon black pepper
Dash cayenne pepper (optional)
1 cucumber, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1. In a pot, add the quinoa to 21⁄2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes. The quinoa will absorb the water during the process.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 minutes, or until the quinoa is soft and all flavors are well combined.
4. Serve into bowls and then top each one off with cucumber, avocado, strawberries and parsley.
+ Can aid weight loss
+ High protein
+ High in antioxidants
+ Mood boosting
+ Immune boosting
+ Support heart health
+ Brain food
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo thanks Rock’n Raw Photos – Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved