Raw Almond Cookie Dough Balls (Gluten Free)
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes 12 balls
2 cups almond meal (also known as almond flour)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
5 teaspoons maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
1. In a large bowl, combine the almond meal, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt. Once the mixture is well blended, stir in cacao nibs.
2. Taste. If more moisture is needed, add water; add more maple syrup if you would like the dough to be sweeter. The dough should be moist enough to hold together.
3. Roll the dough into 1/2-inch balls and serve.
5. Store uneaten dough balls—if there are any—in the fridge up to three weeks. In the freezer they will stay good for up to two months.
1. If you want to bake them, bake on 200 Fahrenheit for 1 hour!
2. To keep them “raw” dehydrate them at 115 for 4 hours!
3. Use vanilla beans if possible. If not use vanilla extract without added sugar—check the ingredients on the back! If using vanilla beans, scrape the beans from one pod and use them in this recipe.
4. Substitute raw honey for the maple syrup if you prefer.
5. Substitute coconut sugar for the maple syrup if you prefer. Use 3 tablespoons of coconut sugar and 2 tablespoons of water.
6. You can make this recipe without the cacao nibs, however the nibs are what make it “chocolate chip.”
1. Add 3 tablespoons peanut butter to make Peanut Butter Cookie Dough.
2. On a plate, roll the balls in 11/2 tablespoons cacao powder for Chocolate-Covered Cookie Dough Balls.
3. Add 1 tablespoon cacao powder for Chocolate Cookie Dough Balls.
+ High in protein
+ Gluten free
+ High in antioxidants
+ Brain food
+ High in magnesium which relaxes the muscles
+ Can be used as a anti-depressant
+ Increases energy
+ Replaces processed cookie cravings
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray
Photo thanks Rock’n Raw Photos – Raw and Unedited
This recipe is part of © 2014 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved