Serves: 5- 6 people
One Free Range and Organic Whole Chicken
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
3 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of TED BAY BLEND or 1/4 teaspoon of each: paprika, onion powder, bay leaves, black pepper, celery salt, red chili pepper, himalayan salt, white pepper, allspice, garlic powder.
2 cups brown rice pasta
4 cups of water
One small brown onion
One garlic clove
2 teaspoons of sage
2 teaspoons of thyme
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
2 celery stalks
2 free range organic eggs
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit (204 Celsius)
2. Oil an oven tray with coconut oil. Place the chicken in an oven tray. Make sure it is hollow inside so you can fill it with stuffing shortly. Cut 9 slits in the chicken. Peel the garlic clove and cut each one into 3 pieces and then push them into the slits.
3. Make the coating for the chicken. In a bowl mix the olive oil and bay blend. Use half of it to coat the chicken. Place the chicken in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. Now make the stuffing for the chicken. Then take the chicken out again and coat it with the rest of the coating and cook for another 30 minutes. The chicken will cook for 1 hour total or until golden brown on the outside and cooked tender.
4. While the chicken is cooking make the stuffing.
Action for stuffing:
1. Bring a pot of 4 cups of water to the boil.
2. Add the brown rice pasta. Allow to bring to the boil again and then reduce heat to medium. Cook for another 7-11 minutes until the pasta is cooked through and tender soft.
3. While the pasta is cooking heat a fry pan with coconut oil. Add the onion and garlic. Cook for a minute and then add celery. Add the rest of the herbs including the salt. Cook together until it is all tender.
4. In a separate bowl mix the cooked pasta with the onion fry. Mix together until well combined. Now it is ready to eat.
5. Beat 2 eggs with a fork and mix that into the pasta bowl. Add all of that into the bird. Cook the bird in the oven.
+ Gluten Free
+ Chicken: High in Protein
+ Brown Rice: High in Protein, B Vitamins
+ Sage: High in Anti Oxidants, Anti Inflammatory, Effective Treatment for Candida
+ Thyme: Boosts Immune System, Treatment for Acne
+ Garlic: Natural Anti Biotic, good for colon health, relaxes arteries
+ Onion: High in Vitamin C, Rich in Vitamin A
*** Always choose ORGANIC, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray 2013.
Photo by Roxxe NYC Photography
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved