Simply Steamed Broccoli
2 bunches of broccoli chopped
6 garlic gloves chopped finely
2-3 tablespoons olive oil for cooking (coconut oil as an alternative), more or less if desired
1/2 cup water
1. Bring 1/2 cup water and a pinch of Himalayan salt to a boil in a large sauce pan.
2. Add chopped broccoli, lower to medium-low heat and cover.
3. After the broccoli has been steaming for a few minutes, heat olive oil in a separate frying pan at medium heat.
4. Once oil is heated and moving freely, add chopped garlic to pan.
5. When broccoli is steamed and soft, turn off heat for sauce pan.
6. While the garlic is still lightly frying, pour excess water from broccoli into pan. It should steam up and fill the room with a delicious garlic aroma!
7. When the water has slightly evaporated, pour remaining water and garlic onto steamed broccoli.
8. Stir mixture lightly and salt to taste!
+ADD nutritional yeast for ‘cheesy broccoli’
+ADD cayenne pepper for spicy broccoli
High in potassium, good for nervous system, healthy brain function, low in calories, filling and great for weight loss, healthy blood pressure, high in vitamin C, calcium and vitamin k, great for bone health, detoxifies and helps repair skin, immune boosting, heart healthy, aids in digestion, helps prevent macular degeneration, and DELICIOUS!
*This recipe was created by Mr. F’s Grandmother and then further developed by Mr F’s Mom, Jean Fiteni sometime in the mid-90s Long Island, NY
This recipe is part of © 2013 THE EARTH DIET ™ All Rights Reserved