Smoky Black-Eyed Pea Hummus
Serves: Makes about 2 1/2 cups
1/2 cup dry= 1 1/4 cup cooked black eyed peas
1 clove garlic
2 Tablespoons white onion, chopped
1 cup zucchini, chopped
1/4 cup tahini
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 small jalapeno, chopped, seeds discarded
1/2 cup parsley
1. The night before, soak peas in plenty of water. The next morning, rinse well and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil, add beans and cook until soft, about 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, add all other ingredients except the parsley and paprika to a food processor, process until smooth.
4. Add parsley and pulse, leaving bits of parsley still intact.
5. Transfer to large serving bowl and sprinkle with plenty of smoked paprika.
- aids in weight-loss
- good source of protein
- good source of iron
- high in calcium
- high in magnesium
- high in fiber
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved