Spaghetti Squash with Cauliflower-Cashew Ricotta
1 spaghetti squash
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 cup raw cashews (soaked 4-6 hours or overnight)
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1-2 cloves garlic
4 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 small head cauliflower, chopped into small florets (should yield about 6 cups)
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Using a large, sharp knife, cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Scrape out seeds and discard them. Lay spaghetti squash halves face down in a baking pan with 1 inch of water. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a fork sticks through squash with no resistance.
3. For the ricotta, add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, adding the cauliflower last. Blend until smooth, light and fluffy. Use tamper if using a Vitamix blender.
Note: If using a standard blender, consider steaming the cauliflower first.
4. When squash is baked, let cool. Using a fork, scrape lengthwise to make “spaghetti”.
5. Top with ricotta and serve immediately.
- low calorie, low fat
- great for weight-loss
- high in fiber
- vegan, gluten-free
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved