Steamed Shrimp with Hot Sauce
Total time: 20 minutes
1 pound peeled shrimp (prawns)
12 habanero peppers, seeded and chopped
2 apples, sliced and seeds removed
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons paprika
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1cm chopped ginger)
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1. Make the hot sauce, blend all ingredients in a blender like the VITAMIX for 5 minutes or until well combined and smooth. Set aside.
2. Boil the shrimp for 5-10 minutes until they turn orange and white (cooked).
3. Put them on a plate and season with salt and pepper.
4. Serve with hot sauce and lemon wedges!
- Low in fat
- High in protein
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray and taken on her iphone.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved