Sweet Lemon-Tahini Black Pepper Kale Chips
Serves: Makes 1 large batch
1 large bunch curly kale
Juice of 3 lemons
2 teaspoons lemon zest
3/4 cup tahini
2 Tablespoons honey or coconut nectar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1-2 teaspoons black pepper (depending on how spicy you want it)
2-4 Tablespoons water (as needed)
1. Tear kale into bite-size pieces using your hands. Put into a salad spinner or colander, wash, dry and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, wisk together all remaining ingredients until thoroughly combined, adding just enough water at the end to make a thick batter.
3. Using hands, massage batter into kale and coat evenly.
4. Place evenly on dehydrator sheets, dehydrate at 110º for 8-10 hours or until crispy on outside, slightly chewy on the inside.
- huge nutritional upgrade from potato chips!
- high in iron
- high in vitamin K
- high in calcium
- high in antioxidants- fights chronic disease and helps you remain youthful
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Emily Rose Shaw who is a Mentor for The Earth Diet Personalized Programs.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved