Taco Salad with Cashew Lime Dressing and Walnut Crumble
Serves: 1 Large Salad or 2 Small Salads
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup cashew butter
1/2 jalapeno (seeded)
heaping 1 cup walnuts
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 Organic corn taco shells
2 cups romaine lettuce or baby spinach
1/2 cup cooked pinto beans or black beans
1/2 cup red cabbage (shredded)
1 tomato, sliced
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/4 cup corn
Handful olives, sliced in half
cilantro or parsley as garnish
1. For the dressing, add all ingredients to a blender, blend on high until completely smooth. Set aside.
2. For the walnut crumble, add all ingredients to a food processor, pulse until thoroughly mixed but small pieces of walnuts remain. Set aside.
3. For the salad, Toast corn shells at 375º for 5 minutes until slightly brown and crispy.
4. Break shells into pieces and place on 1-2 plates. To assemble, layer lettuce, beans, cabbage, tomato, avocado, onion, corn and olives in that order.
5. Top with dressing, walnut crumble and garnish with parsley or cilantro. Serve immediately.
- good for weight-loss
- high fiber
- good source of iron
- high in antioxidants
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved