Young Coconut Rosewater Lassi
1 young coconut (water + meat)
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 1/2 Tablespoons rose water (food grade)
1/2 Medjool date (soaked for 10 minutes in water if not using a high-speed blender like the Vitamix)
1/2 vanilla bean (seeds only) OR 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Optional: 1 very small slice beet for color (size of a coin)
1. Soak date in water for 10 minutes if not using a high-speed blender
2. Open coconut, pour water and scraped meat into blender. VIDEO on how to open a young coconut
3. Add all other ingredients to blender, blend till smooth
4. Serve in wine glass for fun and savor each sip!
- supports healthy metabolism and weight loss
- great source of electrolytes (drink after a workout or sauna)
- anti-viral, anti-bacterial
- blood builder
- great for skin
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
Photo thanks to Emily © 2013.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved