1/4 cup oats
1 1/4 cup water
Something to sweeten it, either 3 seedless dates, 1 teaspoon of honey or maple syrup
1. Add a dash of salt for extra flavor
2. Add more sweetness if you like it sweet!
1. Add 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or the seeds of one vanilla bean for a vanilla flavor for "Vanilla Oat Milk"
2. Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon for "Cinnamon Oat Milk"
3. Add one teaspoon or more of cacao powder for "Chocolate Oat Milk"
4. Add 4 strawberries or more for "Strawberry Oat Milk"
1. Add the water, oats and sweetness to a blender like the VITAMIX and mix for 30 seconds or until smooth and no chunks.
2. Drink. This can also be used as cereal milk, or milk to make smoothies or shakes with!
+ Can be as little as two ingredients: oats and water
+ Gluten Free (Buy gluten free oats)
+ Dairy Free
+ Sustaining energy
+ Can last good in the fridge for 4 days, and can be frozen for 6 months!
* Every single recipe on this website uses nature’s ingredients, only. Always choose organic, local and seasonal whenever possible.
This recipe was created by Liana Werner-Gray.
Photo thanks to Rock'n Raw Photos - raw and unedited.
This recipe is part of © 2013 The Earth Diet ™ All Rights Reserved